Issues Legislative Priorities for the 113th Congress, 2nd Session
The following is a list of grassroots campaign and priority issues for the 113th Congress, 2nd Session, adopted by the AFBF Board of Directors at the AFBF Annual Meeting in San Antonio, Texas.
If you have any questions regarding the priority issues, please contact Dale Moore, Executive Director, Public Policy, firstname.lastname@example.org, (202) 406-3668.
Farm Bureau Priority Issues
Agricultural Labor Reform
- Opposition to expanded federal jurisdiction under the Clean Water Act
- Webinar on Water of the U.S. Rulemaking
Deidre Duncan of Hunton & Williams, Dr. David Sunding, economist, and Thomas J. Graff, professor in the College of Natural Resources at UC Berkeley, host a webinar explaining some of the implications of the upcoming WOTUS rulemaking.
Fiscal Policy/Tax Reform
Protecting farmer and rancher interest regarding fiscal policy and tax reform issues
- Cash Accounting
- Estate Taxes
- Expiring Tax Provisions
- Health Insurance Tax (HIT)
- Agriculture and Tax Reform
- Marketplace Fairness Act (Sales Tax)
- Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT)