Terms and Conditions of Use
- Equipment. You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware, and other equipment needed for access to and use of the Web Site and all charges related thereto.
- Security. We use industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of all information, regardless of whether it identifies you or not. Our security includes use of firewalls, secure socket layers, and encryption. Your password (if issued) is a component of our security system. As such, it is your responsibility to protect it. Do not share your password with any third parties.
- E-Mail Policy. At various points in the Web Site, we provide visitors the opportunity to contact us via e-mail. E-mail messages are not encrypted. You acknowledge and agree that by providing AFBF with any personal or confidential user information through the e-mail function, you consent to the transmission of such personal or confidential user information through the public Internet, and understand that there are risks that this information could be viewed by other parties. You agree to adhere to procedures that we may establish to enhance the safety and confidentiality of transmissions of personal data over the Internet.
- Restrictions on Use.
- You shall use the Web Site for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the Web Site any material that (i) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, (ii) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, or (iii) encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law. You shall not: (i) post or transmit through the Web Site any material that contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services without AFBFâs express prior approval, or (ii) use the Web Site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, without limitation, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other on-line services. Any conduct by you that in AFBFâs discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Web Site will not be permitted.Â Â Â Â
- The Web Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, without limitation, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the contents of the Web Site are copyrighted under the United States copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. No copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication, or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express written permission of AFBF and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution, or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
- You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Web Site any material protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of the Web Site, you automatically grant, or warrant, that the owner of such material has expressly granted AFBF the royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. You also permit any other user of the Web Site to access, view, store, or reproduce the material for that userâs personal use. You grant AFBF the right to edit, copy, display, publish, and distribute any material made available on the Web Site by you.
- Access to the Web Site, other than to portions open to the public, is controlled by individual passwords. Individuals may not share their passwords with anyone else or permit their passwords to be used to provide anyone else with access to non-public portions of the Web Site.
- The foregoing provisions of this Section are for the benefit of AFBF, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
- Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER AFBF, ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE WEB SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INFORMATION OR TOOLS PROVIDED ON THE WEB SITE SUCH AS CALCULATORS, NEWS, WEATHER INFORMATION AND MARKET
- AFBF SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUES OR LOST PROFITS, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF, ACCESS TO, OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.) AFBF MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO ANY MATERIALS AND/OR SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM THE WEBSITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE BEING OFFERED âAS IS.â AFBF MAKES NO WARRANTY OF NONINFRINGEMENT. AFBF ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING THE WEBSITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY SOFTWARE OR MATERIALS FROM THE WEBSITE.
- Copyright Infringement. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Service Providerâs Designated Agent.
- Marks. All page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of AFBF. All other trademarks appearing on the Web Site are the property of their respective owners. Unauthorized use of any trademark, service mark, or logo appearing on the Web Site may be a violation of federal and/or state trademark laws.
- Violations of Rules and Regulations. We reserve the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of the rules and regulations set forth herein, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to this Web Site.
- Third Party Content. AFBF is a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties and users of the Web Site. Accordingly, AFBF has no more editorial control over such content than does a public library, bookstore, or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers and users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of AFBF. In many instances, the content available through the Web Site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider or user. AFBF neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Web Site by anyone other than authorized AFBF employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities. Notwithstanding the foregoing, AFBF reserves the right to monitor, edit, and sort content supplied by third parties.
- Linked Internet Sites. THE LINKS IN THIS WEB SITE WILL LET YOU LEAVE OUR WEB SITE. THE LINKED SITES MAY NOT BE UNDER OUR CONTROL, AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET SITES LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE MAY NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT OUR OPINION. WE ARE PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO OTHER INTERNET SITES AS A CONVENIENCE TO YOU, AND ACCESS TO ANY OTHER INTERNET SITES LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES NOT IMPLY THAT WE RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE THE LINKED SITE, OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE VERACITY OR RELIABILITY OF THE INFORMATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED IN THE LINKED SITE.
Copyright Â© 2012 American Farm Bureau Federation. All rights reserved.
American Farm Bureau Federation (âAFBFâ) values individual privacy and we want to give our website visitors the opportunity to know what information we collect about them and how they can limit the use of personally-identifiable information beyond the purposes for which they first provided it. At all times, however, AFBF reserves the right to disclose information where required by law or to comply with valid legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order), to protect AFBFâs rights or property, including without limitation in the event of a transfer of control of AFBF or substantially all of its assets, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
AFBF does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If AFBF obtains knowledge that it has personally identifiable information about a child under 13 in retrievable form, AFBF will immediately destroy that information, and delete that information from its files.
Types of Information We Collect and How We Use It
Personally Identifiable Information
If you are over the age of 13, we may collect your name, address, phone number and email address if you communicate that information to us voluntarily. We will not share your personally identifiable information with anyone outside AFBF and its affiliated companies.
We may use this information to respond to an email or other inquiry or request, to help improve our website and our services, to customize your experience at our website, or to send updates or notices about our organization. We may also combine this information with other generally or publicly available information to help us identify visitorsâ preferences or interests.
In some cases, when you visit our Website, we may also collect information that is non-personally identifiable information or information that, by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet browser or computer operating system you use, the date and time you visited our Website, the pages you accessed, the name of the website from which you linked to our Website and other anonymous data involving your use of our Website. We use this information to analyze trends and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This information is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Data Integrity and Security
We make reasonable commercial efforts to keep any information you provide as secure as possible. Only authorized employees or agents are permitted to have access to personally identifiable data about website visitors, and that access is limited to what is reasonably needed to perform an employeeâs responsibilities, such as providing updates or notices or customer service. Your password (if issued) is a component of our security system. As such, it is your responsibility to protect it. Do not share your password with any third parties.
Third Party Collectors of Information
This Privacy Statement addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. Any information you disclose to a third party, such as other users or advertisers, is subject to that partyâs Privacy Statement. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Comments and Questions
Copyright Â© 2012 American Farm Bureau Federation. All rights reserved.