State Farm Bureau PR Pros Honored for Work
WASHINGTON, D.C., June 19, 2012 –The public relations staffs from the Virginia and Pennsylvania Farm Bureaus captured the top awards for outstanding media relations work, while the Illinois and Minnesota Farm Bureaus brought home top honors for best PR campaigns this past year. Those awards and more were presented during the American Farm Bureau Federation’s 2012 Public Relations Conference, held June 10-13 in Traverse City, Mich.
Including those two award categories, following is a list of the winners. Winners of larger state membership competitions are listed first. When one winner is listed, that category was a combined competition.
- Best News Story – Iowa - Joseph L. Murphy; Utah - Matt Hargreaves. Honorable Mentions to Oklahoma, Nebraska.
- Best Feature Story – Michigan - Paul Jackson; Utah - Matt Hargreaves. Honorable Mentions to Ohio, Texas, Arkansas.
- Best News or Feature Series – Iowa - Dirck Steimel; New York - Marie Krenzer. Honorable Mentions to Michigan, Montana.
- Best Single Blog Item, Editorial or Column – Ohio - Jack Fisher, Joe Cornely; Pennsylvania - Gary Swan. Honorable Mentions to Texas, Montana.
- Best Blog or Column Series – Ohio - Jack Fisher, Joe Cornely; Montana - Rebecca Colnar, Mariah Baumann Shammel. Honorable Mentions to Virginia, Illinois, Texas, Utah.
- Best Newspaper or Tabloid – Iowa - Iowa Farm Bureau Spokesman; Utah - Matt Hargreaves. Honorable Mentions to California, New York.
- Best Magazine – South Carolina - Larry Smith; West Virginia - Joan Harman. Honorable Mentions to California, Pennsylvania.
- Best Leader Newsletter – Michigan - Jeremy C. Nagel, Erica Venton; Washington - Mollie Hammar, Kevin Long. Honorable Mentions to Kansas, Utah.
- Best Pamphlet or Brochure – Illinois - Mary Ellen Fricke, Sharon Dodd; Montana - Rebecca Colnar, Megan Chancellor. Honorable Mentions to Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New Hampshire.
- Best Communications Tool – Ohio - Dan Toland, Chelsea Leasure. Honorable Mention to Iowa.
- Best Single Photo – Kansas - John Schlageck; Utah - Matt Hargreaves. Honorable Mentions to Oklahoma, Virginia, Oregon.
- Best Use of Photos – Arkansas - Keith Sutton; Colorado - Shawn Martini. Honorable Mention to Virginia.
- Best Graphic Design – Arkansas - Chris Wilson. Honorable Mentions to South Carolina, California, Colorado.
- Best Audio News Story – Texas - Tom Nicolette.
- Best Audio Feature Story – Oklahoma - Sam Knipp, Dustin Mielke.
- Best Audio Commentary/Editorial – Texas - Gene Hall.
- Best Audio Program – Ohio - Joe Cornely, Chip Nelson.
- Best Video News Story – Texas - Matt Felder, Ed Wolff. Honorable Mention to Arkansas.
- Best Video Feature Story – California - Tracy Sellers, Kevin Burke, Scott Monaco, Todd Popple. Honorable Mention to Michigan.
- Best Video Program – California - Dave Kranz, Tracy Sellers, Scott Monaco, Kim Mims, Kevin Burke, Charles Williams, Charlotte Fadipe, Elbert Mock, Dave Grashoff.
- Best Video Newsletter – Arkansas - Steve Eddington, Robert Potter, Ken Moore. Honorable Mention to Michigan.
- Best Promotional or Education Video or Documentary – Kentucky - Nate Spicer, Bob Shrader, Matt Hilton. Honorable Mention to Arkansas.
- Best Internet Feature – Arizona - Julie Murphree.
- Best Website – Arkansas - Robert Potter, Steve Eddington, Chris Wilson; Wisconsin - Casey Langan, Sheri Sutton. Honorable Mentions to Illinois, West Virginia.
- Best Use of Single Social Media Platform – Illinois - Mary Ellen Fricke, Mariah Dale-Anderson. Honorable Mention to Texas.
- Best Social Media Program – Illinois - Lori Laughlin, Dennis Vercler, Carla Mudd. Honorable Mention to Ohio.
- Best Advertising Campaign or Spot – Illinois - Steve Simms, Dennis Vercler, Mark Pressburger, Jim Polus, Mark Williams, Helen Dobby Reedy, Lori Laughlin, Mary Ellen Fricke, Sharon Dodd; Pennsylvania - Lorraine Potochney-Kobold, Susan Wertz. Honorable Mentions to Mississippi, Washington.
- Best Public Relations Campaign – Illinois - Lori Laughlin, Dennis Vercler, Carla Mudd; Minnesota - Kristin Harner, Pam Dahlman, Sarah Durenberger, Eileen Madsen. Honorable Mentions to Mississippi, Texas, Pennsylvania.
- Best Media Relations Event – Pennsylvania - Mark O’Neill, Gary Swan. Honorable Mention to Kentucky.
- Dave Lane Award for Media Relations Excellence – Virginia - Greg Hicks, Bill Altice, Chris Baxter, Kathy Dixon, Norm Hyde, Maria La Lima, Sherri McKinney, Sara Owens, Pam Wiley, Cathy Vanderhoff, Barbara Zeidman; Pennsylvania - Mark O’Neill, Gary Swan. Honorable Mentions to Oklahoma, Utah.
|Contacts:|| Tracy Taylor Grondine
| Mace Thornton