Something for Everyone at the IDEAg Minnesota Farmfest
SCHAUMBURG, ILLINOIS, July 29, 2014 – The 2014 edition of IDEAg Minnesota Farmfest features something of interest to everyone, with many new products, political forums and educational sessions along with all the things that the show has become famous for over the past 30 years. The show takes place Aug. 5-7 in Morgan, Minnesota.
“Minnesota Farmfest is bigger and better than ever, with new featured events, top-notch speakers versed in the issues farmers care about, premium ‘ride and drive’ demonstrations and much more,” says Ray Bianchi, senior director, expositions and events, for the American Farm Bureau Federation and IDEAg Group. “There’s truly something for everyone at this year’s show.”
IDEAg Minnesota Farmfest is the fourth-largest outdoor ag event in the U.S. It’s also the fastest-growing agricultural event in the nation, according to EXPO magazine. Farmfest is proud to be Minnesota’s only major outdoor event for farmers and ranchers, drawing attendees from 21 states and three Canadian provinces.
Tuesday, August 5 – Young Farmer Day
- 10:30 a.m., Ag Forum in the Wick Buildings Farmfest Center Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton (D) and his Republican challengers discussing the top issues of the day.
- 12:00 p.m., Live broadcast of Linder Farm Network’s Midday Show featuring Lynn Ketelsen, the “Voice of Minnesota Agriculture.”
- 1:00 p.m., Remarks by American Farm Bureau Federation President Bob Stallman on national ag policy issues and how they are being addressed by the nation’s largest general farm organization.
- 1:15 p.m., Farm Bill Forum, “What Are the Implications for Farmers?”
- 3:00 p.m., The all-new Goldy Connect Career Fair, supported by the University of Minnesota, will bring together students and alumni who are interested in agribusiness careers with participating exhibitors, United FCS & NutraFlo. During this networking event, potential employees will get the opportunity to learn more about the agribusiness sector and available positions at participating companies.
- 5:00 p.m., The celebration of young farmers continues with the Farmfest Young Farmer and Rancher Barbecue sponsored by TASC AgriPlanNOW & Redwood Area Development Corporation.
Wednesday, August 6 – Policy and Innovations Focus
- 8:00 a.m., Pancake breakfast sponsored by Minnesota Farm Bureau at the Wick Buildings Farmfest Center.
- 8:30 a.m., Mary Kay Thatcher, senior director of congressional relations at AFBF, will discuss national ag policy.
- 10:30 a.m., U.S. Senate candidates’ forum featuring Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.).
- 1:15 p.m., Congressional campaign forum featuring Rep. Collin Petersen (D-Minn.).
- 3:00 p.m. Technology Forum, “Big Data and the Future of Farming” presented by AFBF economist Matt Erickson, Mary Kay Thatcher, and a panel of regional farmers.
- 3:45 p.m., Technology Forum, “Drones: The Next Technological Break-through in Agriculture,” presented by Haug Implements/John Deere. Throughout the day, Haug Implement will conduct drone demos in the Ride & Drive area.
Thursday, August 7 – Spotlight on Minnesota Farm Families
During the Linder Farm Network noon show, a 4-H Scholarship Auction will be held, benefitting deserving college-bound 4-H livestock project members. At 1:00 p.m. the Minnesota Farmers Union sponsors its famous Watermelon Feed, leading up to the University of Minnesota’s Farm Family of the Year presentation which recognizes farm families from around the state for their contributions to the agricultural industry and their local communities.
About IDEAg Minnesota Farmfest
IDEAg Minnesota Farmfest is property of IDEAg Group, LLC. The group delivers an optimal experience to attendees, exhibitors and industry thought leaders in the agricultural market. Through its established farm show events and Feed & Grain magazine, the IDEAg Group is dedicated to bringing interactive, content-rich, high-value events to the marketplace, connecting top-level producers to providers across the country. The IDEAg Group offers interactive events, publications and media products that are produced “For Agriculture. By Agriculture.”
Other upcoming IDEAg shows include Dakotafest (Aug. 19-21) in Mitchell, South Dakota; the Amarillo Farm & Ranch Show (Dec. 2-4) in Amarillo, Texas; and the Northern Illinois Farm Show (Jan. 7-8) in DeKalb, Illinois. Learn more at http://www.ideaggroup.com/.
IDEAg Group, LLC