IDEAg Dakotafest: Bigger and Better Than Ever
SCHAUMBURG, Illinois, August 13, 2014 – The 2014 IDEAg Dakotafest has something to offer farmers and agriculture enthusiasts alike. From educational forums to equipment demonstrations and sales, the ever-expanding event continues to connect industry leaders with primary manufacturers and producers. The annual outdoor farm show will take place Aug. 19-21 at the Schlaffman Farm in Mitchell, South Dakota.
“Dakotafest is the leading agricultural event in the Northern Plains and has only continued to grow over the years,” said Raymond Bianchi, senior director, expositions and events, for the American Farm Bureau Federation and IDEAg Group. “This year’s presentations and forums will be more engaging than ever, with candidates coming face-to-face to discuss rural issues, live demos of cutting-edge equipment and more. There’s something for every farmer or rancher, whether you’re a vendor or an attendee.”
Drawing from 16 different states, Dakotafest will feature the products and services of more than 500 companies. Additionally, the host city, Mitchell, was named South Dakota’s 2011 Community of the Year, offering cultural attractions, affordable accommodations and plenty of outdoor activities.
Tuesday, August 19
- 10 a.m., U.S. House Debate moderated by Jerry Oster from WNAX Radio featuring Rep. Kristi Noem (R-S.D.) and Democratic challenger Corinna Robinson.
- 11 a.m., SDSU Weeds App presentation by Darrell Deneke, SDSU Extension IPM coordinator, and Paul Johnson, SDSU Extension weed program coordinator.
- 1 p.m., Steve Kielman, regional vice president of microbusiness sales, will lead a seminar on how AgriPlanNOW and FlexSystem can save family farmers thousands of dollars annually, sponsored by AgriPlanNOW and TASC.
- 2 p.m., USDA Farm Bill Training will answer grower’s questions on the 2014 law.
Wednesday, August 20
- 7:30 a.m., A Game Changer if Managed Properly: Drones for Precision Agriculture, sponsored by Measure, LLC. – A 32 Advisors company. The event will take place at Mitchell Technical Institute (next to show) and will provide breakfast to
the first 100 people.
- 9:30 a.m., Coffee Break sponsored by American Ag Radio Network.
- 10 a.m., Jolene Brown will give an insightful and fun-filled presentation on how families can reduce fighting and failure when running a business together, sponsored by First Dakota National Bank.
- 12:30 p.m., Governor’s Forum moderated by Jerry Oster of WNAX Radio will feature three candidates: Gov. Dennis Daugaard, state Rep. Susan Wismer (D-S.D.) and Independent challenger Mike Meyers.
- 2 p.m., U.S. Senate Forum moderated by Jerry Oster WNAX Radio will feature four candidates: Republican challengers Mike Rounds and Larry Pressler, Democratic challenger Rick Weiland and Independent challenger Gordon Howie.
- 3:30 p.m., Drones for Precision Agriculture, demonstration by SDSU Extension and sponsor Measure, LLC. – A 32 Advisors Company.
- 6 p.m., See the most daring, fast-paced sport in America at the Miller Lite Bull Bash! The event will feature over 40 bull riders as well as Mutton Bustin’ for young riders at the Rodeo Grounds in Mitchell.
Thursday, August 21
- 10 a.m., SDSU Food Security & Food Safety presentation by Tara Pratt, SDSU Extension community food policy field specialist and Nikki Prosch, SDSU Extension health & physical activity field specialist.
- 10:30 a.m., Lavonne Meyer, SDSU Extension food safety field specialist, and Dr. Joan Hegerfeld Baker, SDSU Extension food safety specialist, will discuss precautions to reduce the risk of Salmonellosis when raising backyard poultry, tips for
handling fresh eggs and regulations for selling farm-fresh eggs.
- 11 a.m., Dennis Todey, SDSU state climatologist & Extension specialist and Laura Edwards, SDSU Extension climate field specialist, will discuss new, free weather and climate tools to help producers make decisions on the farm.
- 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., Livestock Chute Demos sponsored by Northwest Veterinary and Supply.
- Noon, SDSU Ice Cream Social sponsored by SDSU Extension.
- 1 p.m., Kid’s Pedal Pull, Dakotafest’s most widely attended children’s contest for contestants ages 4-11.
About IDEAg Dakotafest
IDEAg Dakotafest is property of IDEAg Group, LLC. The group delivers an optimal experience to attendees, exhibitors and industry thought leaders in the agricultural market. Through its established farm show events, Feed & Grain magazine and custom publishing services, the IDEAg Group is dedicated to bringing interactive, content-rich, high-value events to the marketplace, connecting top-level producers to providers across the country. The IDEAg Group offers interactive events, publications and media products that are produced “For Agriculture. By Agriculture.”
Other upcoming IDEAg shows include the Amarillo Farm & Ranch Show (Dec. 2-4) in Amarillo, Texas; and the Northern Illinois Farm Show (Jan. 7-8) in DeKalb, Illinois. Learn more at http://www.ideaggroup.com.
IDEAg Group, LLC