What is the Young Farmers & Ranchers Program?
The American Farm Bureau Federation Young Farmers & Ranchers program includes both men and women between the ages of 18-35. The objective of the Young Farmers & Ranchers program is to provide leadership in building a more effective Farm Bureau to preserve our individual freedoms and expand our opportunities in agriculture.
“Many of us grow different commodities from different regions of our great country, yet we still share the common desire of living a lifestyle in agriculture. As young people we will play an important role in shaping the future for American agriculture. American Farm Bureau’s Young Farmers & Ranchers program offers each of us a tremendous opportunity to be a part of protecting, promoting and defending the way of life that we all share and love. By taking advantage of the leadership skills developed through YF&R we can stand together for a brighter tomorrow.”
2013 Chair, AFBF YF&R Committee
Follow the AFBF YF&R Committee as they share the story of agriculture through the FBlog.
Growing Through Action
- Acquiring cutting edge information through participation in educational conferences
- Building a network with fellow farmers, ranchers and agricultural enthusiasts
- Earning recognition for their achievements in business excellence and leadership success
- Continuing their professional development and personal growth
Leading Through Service
- Providing workable solutions for issues affecting agriculture
- Influencing public policies that affect agriculture now and in the future
- Stepping up and telling the story of agriculture
- Serving their communities by volunteering and making a difference