What is the Young Farmers & Ranchers Program?
The American Farm Bureau Federation Young Farmers & Ranchers program includes both men and women between the ages of 18-35. The objective of the Young Farmers & Ranchers program is to provide leadership in building a more effective Farm Bureau to preserve our individual freedoms and expand our opportunities in agriculture.
“One of the responsibilities we must accept as young producers is the fact that we truly are the future of American agriculture. This responsibility may not be what many of us had in mind when we decided to pursue a career in agriculture, but it is exactly what we face. Farm Bureau provides young farmers, ranchers and agriculturalists with the tools necessary to make sure that we can pave the way for a broader, brighter landscape for American agriculture. The general public is further removed from the farm than at any other point in our nation’s history, which means that we have an opportunity to share our story like never before. The AFBF Young Farmers & Ranchers program enables us to more effectively share our story as we stand united representing American agriculture and the rural way of life.”
2014 Chair, AFBF YF&R Committee
Follow the AFBF YF&R Committee as they share the story of agriculture through FBlog.
Growing Through Action
- Acquiring cutting edge information through participation in educational conferences
- Building a network with fellow farmers, ranchers and agricultural enthusiasts
- Earning recognition for their achievements in business excellence and leadership success
- Continuing their professional development and personal growth
Leading Through Service
- Providing workable solutions for issues affecting agriculture
- Influencing public policies that affect agriculture now and in the future
- Stepping up and telling the story of agriculture
- Serving their communities by volunteering and making a difference