What is the Young Farmers & Ranchers Program?
The American Farm Bureau Federation Young Farmers & Ranchers program includes both men and women between the ages of 18-35. The objective of the Young Farmers & Ranchers program is to provide leadership in building a more effective Farm Bureau to preserve our individual freedoms and expand our opportunities in agriculture.
“Leaders of the American Farm Bureau Federation Young Farmers & Ranchers are committed to engaging and educating our members as advocates for agriculture. Today, more than ever, consumers are far removed from those who produce the food, fiber and fuel they use every day. We need to share our stories beyond the farm. The YF&R program helps members develop and improve leadership skills; provides a platform to promote agriculture; and introduces members to opportunities outside of Farm Bureau. Taking on leadership roles within the AFBF YF&R program isn’t something we do for ourselves. We do it for others, to continue the mission of Farm Bureau and secure the future for agriculture.”
2015 Chair, AFBF YF&R Committee
Follow the AFBF YF&R Committee as they share the story of agriculture through FBlog.
Growing Through Action
- Acquiring cutting edge information through participation in educational conferences
- Building a network with fellow farmers, ranchers and agricultural enthusiasts
- Earning recognition for their achievements in business excellence and leadership success
- Continuing their professional development and personal growth
Leading Through Service
- Providing workable solutions for issues affecting agriculture
- Influencing public policies that affect agriculture now and in the future
- Stepping up and telling the story of agriculture
- Serving their communities by volunteering and making a difference