What is the Young Farmers & Ranchers Program?
The American Farm Bureau Federation Young Farmers & Ranchers program includes both men and women between the ages of 18-35. The objective of the Young Farmers & Ranchers program is to provide leadership in building a more effective Farm Bureau to preserve our individual freedoms and expand our opportunities in agriculture.
“The Farm Bureau Young Farmers & Ranchers (YF&R) program provides opportunities for young agriculturalists to experience personal growth, learning, and networking. The YF&R program has something for everyone with competitive events, agriculture advocacy training and leadership development conferences that highlight policy issues of concern by members from all over the nation. As a result, we work together and become the voice of agriculture and Farm Bureau Proud.
My desire to create a better future for my children motivated me to get involved with YF&R. I have personally learned how to better manage my farm and the conference networking have created relationships, life-long friends and resources. The leadership development and advocacy training has helped me speak confidently on local, state and national policy and the long-term direction of agriculture that will directly impact my family and our future. I know that I am better prepared to succeed as a farmer, leader and advocate because of Farm Bureau and my involvement in this program.”
2016 Chair, AFBF YF&R Committee
Follow the AFBF YF&R Committee as they share the story of agriculture through FBlog.
Growing Through Action
- Acquiring cutting edge information through participation in educational conferences
- Building a network with fellow farmers, ranchers and agricultural enthusiasts
- Earning recognition for their achievements in business excellence and leadership success
- Continuing their professional development and personal growth
Leading Through Service
- Providing workable solutions for issues affecting agriculture
- Influencing public policies that affect agriculture now and in the future
- Stepping up and telling the story of agriculture
- Serving their communities by volunteering and making a difference