DEPARTMENT: Feed & Grain (IDEAg)
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Responsible for selling advertising space and/or programs and assisting in realizing sales objectives for Feed & Grain.
REPORTS TO: Publisher
LOCATION: Ft. Atkinson, WI
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key personnel at assigned and prospective accounts to sell marketing/advertising programs and/or space for all Feed & Grain media properties.
- Sell advertising space and programs with a target revenue goal of at least 25% of the total fiscal year revenue budget.
- Follow up on referrals and leads, generate new leads, cold call and participate in networking events. Extensive telephone prospecting is essential.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations, follow-up communications, and sales proposals to assigned and prospective accounts.
- Identify and understand the critical issues facing each assigned account.
- Work with colleagues to identify annual, monthly and per-issue objectives.
- Adhere to established strategies and action plans to achieve individual and department revenue goals and objectives.
- Function as marketing consultant to assist clients/prospects in message development.
- Attend and network at industry trade shows and association meetings, as required.
- Prepare and submit weekly sales reports and monthly sales forecasts.
Communicates with all Feed & Grain and AFBF affiliated employees and representatives of other organizations and companies as appropriate. Maintains relationships with clients, vendors, editors and production personnel.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in sales/marketing/business or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in advertising sales
- Knowledge of publications sales and media advertising products
- Strong communications skills, including prospecting via telephone and in writing
- Results driven and deadline-oriented nature with the ability to work independently to achieve goals
- Knowledge of agriculture and the commercial feed and grain market helpful
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Travel approximately 25%
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.