EMPHASIS: Accounts Receivable & Billing
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Operations
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Responsible for a range of accounting activities such as processing bank deposits, recording cash receipts, reconciling credit card sales/donations, and Accounts Receivable billing, payment application, and collections for American Farm Bureau Federation and Affiliated Companies.
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
LOCATION: Washington, DC
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage accounts receivable and cash receipt entries for deposits, invoices, and credit memos; record intercompany transactions when needed.
- Produce monthly accounts receivable aging and execute the collections process.
- Maintain, reconcile and analyze the accounts receivable and general ledgers to ensure that all payments are properly applied and all billings are accurately recorded.
- Communicate with internal and external customers on billing issues and questions.
- Prepare and send monthly invoices (billbacks) to unaffiliated companies: AAIC, AFBIS, and state Farm Bureaus.
- Coordinate with Events team to ensure all Event revenue has been recorded in Intacct.
- Manage merchant accounts and credit card processing.
- Collect membership remittance forms, record respective payments, and prepare monthly and annual Membership reports; prepare annual materials for State Farm Bureaus and provide excellent customer service and clear communications.
- Complete assigned month-end close procedures.
- Compile, code and verify transactions and journal entries.
- Sort and distribute all incoming mail for the accounting department.
- Research and resolve issues and exceptions.
- Evaluate current accounts receivable procedures and recommend changes to implement and maintain best practice accounting procedures.
- Assist with the year-end audit process.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Works with all AFBF employees and communicates with Affiliates and state Farm Bureau personnel and leaders as needed. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field of study
- Experience with Sage Intacct
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 4 years of experience in accounts receivable and billing
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principles (including intercompany transactions)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and external stakeholders, in writing and in person
- Quick learner, self-motivated, naturally curious, and possess good judgment
- Must possess strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Detailed oriented, deadline driven, and able to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Experience with database systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience reconciling merchant accounts (i.e. Paypal, Stripe, Authorize.net).
- Occasional travel for onsite meeting assistance
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is September 27th.