DEPARTMENT: Finance & Operations
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Directly manages the Accounts Payable, Expense Reporting, and Accounts Receivable/Billing operations. Partners with Accounting Manager to assist Controller in the management and execution of general accounting and month-end/year-end closing for American Farm Bureau Federation and Affiliates.
REPORTS TO: Controller
LOCATION: Washington, DC
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage accounts payable, expense reporting, billing/accounts receivable, and the cash receipts functions; review and approve accounts payable invoices for proper coding and documentation; oversee billings for goods/services and ensure proper recording of cash receipts.
- Lead, develop and supervise staff in accounts payable and billing/accounts receivable functions.
- Manage monthly accounting and reporting of Membership Dues.
- Working with Controller, ensure AP and AR staff are sufficiently trained on Accounting processes and controls.
- Manage/Review/Prepare assigned monthly general ledger entries and account reconciliations to ensure an accurate month end close. Support annual external audit.
- Monitor cash balances to ensure that sufficient funds are available to cover weekly check runs.
- Manage Accounts Payable (Beanworks) and Expense Reporting (Nexonia) systems, ensuring workflows are up to date and staff are effectively trained in system operation.
- Manage corporate credit card program – new card issuance to staff, appropriate credit limits, and timely corporate card payment.
- Drive process improvements related to efficient application/recording of cash receipts, customer invoicing and related collections, as well as accounts payable and expense reporting.
- Ensure an effective internal control environment within assigned areas.
- Assist with implementations of financial systems.
- As needed, prepare and present relevant information to AFBF staff, including at AFBF All Staff meetings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Works with all AFBF employees and communicates with state Farm Bureau personnel and leaders as needed.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree in accounting or related field required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 6+ years hands on experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable/billing, with demonstrated ability to manage accounting processes
- Experience supervising employees
- Attention to detail and critical thinking ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and external stakeholders, in writing and in person
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Quick learner, self-motivated and possess good judgment
- Able to handle multiple and competing priorities with ease
- Experience with trade associations or non-profits
- Experience with Sage Intacct or other ERP financial software
- Experience with automated AP and/or Expense Report processing software (i.e., Beanworks, Nexonia)
- Experience with various cash receipts methodologies (i.e., PayPal, Stripe, Square, authorize.net)
- Occasional domestic travel
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is November 30th.