TEAM: Business Operations & Revenue Development
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Sell farm show space, sponsorships and show related advertising and services to existing and new clients in the IDEAg and American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) portfolio of trade shows and events. Establish and build relationships with agriculture industry accounts while providing excellent customer service.
REPORTS TO: Director, Event Sales
LOCATION: Eagan, MN
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sell Exhibit Space for AFBF-owned events (Farmfest, Dakotafest, Amarillo Farm & Ranch Show, American Farm Bureau Convention).
- Build and grow relationships with assigned accounts to maintain a solid book of business across all events.
- Conduct telephone prospecting and qualification calls to identify new account leads. Respond to phone requests from prospects or customers for additional information, documentation, or other service.
- Secure sponsorships related to IDEAg Farm Shows and the AFBF Convention.
- Assist sales team in creating sponsorship opportunities.
- Collaborate across the organization to surface additional opportunities that provide commercial value and improve exhibitor and attendee satisfaction and relationships.
- Research and pursue new opportunities beyond current agreement to grow revenue.
- Collaborate with the sales, marketing, and operations teams on upselling opportunities for all IDEAg and AFBF events.
- Review, enter and update sales opportunities in Salesforce.
- Support AFBF events on-site as needed.
- Grow dynamic relationships through professional networking at industry events and with individual clients.
- Assist sales team with administrative duties including but not limited to: e-mail campaigns, renewal and prospect mailings, new and prospect Salesforce account entry, and collection calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Communicate and coordinate with all AFBF staff, state Farm Bureau staff, affiliate companies, outside service providers, and other organizations as needed to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or marketing
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to identify, engage and close sales with prospective customers
- Building strong relationships with clients and understand their long-term goals
- Fostering cross collaboration with teammates outside of your primary job function
- Customer service focused attitude and approach to executing job responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timelines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Highly motivated and organized
- Ability to travel and work in many locations
- Desire to innovate, challenge and change to promote positive transformation
- Sales experience of closing companies and growing market share
- Experience using a portfolio offering sales approach
- Ability to lead and manage projects
- Experience with agriculture a plus
- Experience selling sponsorships, trade show exhibit space or advertising
- Travel as required – approximately 25-30%
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is November 30th.