DEPARTMENT: Communications Department
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Coordinate administrative operations for the VP of Communications and the Communications Department; assist with communications projects
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
LOCATION: Washington, DC
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct support and scheduling assistance to Vice President of Communications.
- Provide general support to Communications Directors and staff.
- Submit invoices and expenses; develop summary budget reports.
- Manage department’s internal mailing lists; state Farm Bureau Communications Directory.
- Assist with arrangements for Communications Department conferences, weekly team meetings, communications operations at annual convention and other meetings.
- Assist with drafting reports, memos and other documents.
- Assist with metrics reporting using media tracking service and other tools.
- Provide guidance and training on general departmental operating procedures to new staff.
- Provide relief and back-up assistance to the front desk.
- Perform other duties and coordinate special projects as assigned.
Provides general administrative and communications support to VP of Communications, Communications Directors and other Communications staff. Works with other AFBF team members, state Farm Bureau Communications Directors and their staff to update directories, manage requests and arrange meetings and conferences, as needed.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- College degree or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of Web-based subscription software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Experience in the communications fields is a plus
- Knowledge of media measurement tools preferred
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional travel
- Occasional work on weekends
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is December 17, 2020.