DEPARTMENT: Communications Department
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Provide executive communications support, including coordinating executive editorial calendar, speechwriting and travel with AFBF President, in collaboration with the Communications and Executive support teams.
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications (Executive)
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write columns, speeches, talking points and quotes for AFBF president, based on key policy issues and advocacy efforts.
- Manage distribution and publication of executive content including weekly policy column and podcast.
- Coordinate with Vice President of Communications, Director of Communications and across Communications and Executive Departments in planning and maintaining the executive communications editorial calendar.
- Implement AFBF president’s social media strategy and manage presence, in coordination with Digital & Social Media Manager.
- Draft reports on executive communications impact including metrics on digital content.
- Provide executive communications support, including traveling with AFBF president.
- Assist with special projects, including materials for issue-related campaigns.
- Contribute to general communications team operations, including drafting news releases, talking points and web content, assisting with posting and distribution of communications materials, and other duties as assigned.
Collaborate closely with AFBF President and other AFBF and state Farm Bureau staff and leaders, grassroots members, as well as communicators from allied groups and government entities, to accomplish executive communications priorities and goals of AFBF.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 2-4 years of experience in communications
- Experience working independently and as part of a team, often with tight deadlines
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Creative, detail-oriented, organized, self-driven and capable of meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of agriculture and agricultural issue communications
- Experience staffing an executive
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is January 22, 2021.