POSITION OBJECTIVE: Nurture existing relationships with industry and build new relationships across the food supply chain to increase alignment and expand AFBF’s sponsorship portfolio.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Communications
LOCATION: Washington, DC, eligible for telework flexibility
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide staff leadership and develop strategy to engage new and existing industry and food supply chain allies to optimize alignment and increase understanding of agriculture.
- Elevate AFBF’s visibility and role as the go-to resource for industry and food supply chain allies.
- Manage the Industry Relations Specialist and oversee the implementation of sponsorship initiatives and deliverables for AFBF and AFBFA events and programs.
- Provide leadership and direction for Industry Relations events, including annual convention sponsorship engagement efforts, Ag Innovation Challenge and other activities.
- Represent AFBF at industry meetings.
- Identify and oversee opportunities for sponsor companies to engage with Farm Bureau members and be recognized at events that align with sponsor business objectives.
Collaborate with industry and food supply chain partners, AFBF, AFBFA and state Farm Bureau staff and leaders, consistent with the implementation of Industry Relations initiatives.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
- Experience serving as a liaison to industry and developing industry/supply chain relationships
- Excellent presentation skills, oral and written communication, time management and leadership skills
- Knowledge of agriculture industry, supply chain and emerging issues
- Experience with Farm Bureau
- Experience with contract management
- Travel as needed
- Public speaking
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is September 30, 2022.