DEPARTMENT: Business Operations & Revenue Development
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Sell farm show space, sponsorships and show related advertising and services to existing and new clients in the IDEAg and American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) portfolio of trade shows and events. Establish and build relationships with agriculture industry accounts while providing excellent customer service.
REPORTS TO: Director, Event Sales
LOCATION: Remote (MN, WI, SD)
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sell exposition space, sponsorship opportunities, show advertising, and services for all IDEAg trade shows and other AFBF events.
- Build and grow relationships with assigned accounts to maintain a solid book of business across all events.
- Achieve and exceed individual revenue goals established by management for each show, with an individual target revenue goal of at least 30% of the total fiscal year revenue budget.
- Strategically analyze agriculture industry for emerging trends and critical issues and apply these findings to sales strategies. Share findings with operations team to assist in developing elements to add to future shows.
- Work with management, marketing, and operations to develop programs associated with event sales (space, sponsorships, advertising) that delivers value for the exhibitors/sponsors while maintaining the value and reputation of the show. Follow up with exhibitors/sponsors to successfully execute promotional campaigns.
- Conduct telephone prospecting and qualification calls to identify new account leads. Respond to phone requests from prospects or customers for additional information, documentation, or other service.
- Conduct in-person prospecting and qualification calls, and attend industry meetings, when appropriate, to identify and close accounts.
- Provide daily reporting and management of existing account interactions using Salesforce.
- Secure renewal of existing accounts within the early renewal timeframe established for each show or event.
- Prepare sales presentations, draft sales proposals, and write follow-up communications.
- Network with all accounts on-site during events to ensure expectations are understood and delivered upon.
- Prepare and submit weekly sales reports and submit sales forecasts; assist in planning and realizing sales and marketing objectives.
- Communicate with employees; state Farm Bureau staff; affiliate companies and other organizations as appropriate. Maintain relationships with customers and agriculture industry partners.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in sales or marketing or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in the agriculture industry.
- Desire for high energy work environment with room for sales growth.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including contract negotiations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timelines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Intermediate working experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in trade show exhibit and sponsorship sales and media advertising products.
- Account management using Salesforce.
- Travel approximately 20-30%.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.