TITLE: Human Resources Generalist
DEPARTMENT: Office of General Counsel
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Perform day-to-day administration of Human Resources operations and assist the Director of Human Resources with other projects and responsibilities.
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist employees in understanding employment policies and benefits programs. Respond to active and terminated employees’ questions regarding benefits and various HR related questions.
- Process employee enrollments and changes to the welfare and retirement benefit plans.
- Manage the on-boarding and off-boarding process.
- Review résumés for open positions, sort candidates based on qualifications and coordinate scheduling comprehensive interview schedules.
- Maintain and update various human resources databases and materials, including HRIS System, vendor sites, compliance training platforms, performance review platform, intranet and other websites, phone lists and other resources.
- Coordinate with vendors to update systems and comply with changing employment and benefits laws (i.e. ACA, FMLA, paid leave, EEO etc.)
- Process invoices, coordinate the billing/payment process and assist with other budget matters.
- Create and maintain employment records in paper and electronic files.
- Coordinate the distribution of various communications to employees as well as legally required notifications.
- Prepare government reports on employment and benefits.
- Create and coordinate distribution of annual benefits statements.
- Maintain, track and compile reports on employee leave.
- Assist in processing distributions from the retirement programs, including preparing the appropriate paperwork, reviewing completed forms for accuracy and acquiring the necessary signatures.
- Maintain annual pension census information.
- Assist with various benefits and compensation projects.
- Administer employee service recognition program and the education reimbursement program.
- Manage check-lists regarding HR activities and workflows, and suggest improvements when needed.
- Coordinate the AFBF Internship Program.
- Coordinate fitness programs/opportunities for AFBF employees, surface new ideas for future programs and manage the relationship with fitness program vendors.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources and General Counsel as needed.
Works on a daily basis with all AFBF employees. Communicates with brokers and vendors. Coordinates with Human Resources staff in Schaumburg office regarding payroll and employee benefits as necessary.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Human Resources or related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, including grammar and proofreading
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Human Resources professional certification (i.e. PHR or SHRM-CP)
- ADP system experience
- Occasional travel
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is June 25, 2019.