POSITION OBJECTIVE: Provide overarching support in the management of projects, initiatives and relationships for AFBF Industry Relations.
REPORTS TO: Director, Industry Relations
LOCATION: Washington, DC
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage project execution and deliverables for corporate collaborations, grants and programmatic sponsorships; collaborate with internal and external partners to achieve objectives.
- Provide communication support for internal and external audiences and draft correspondence on behalf of Industry Relations.
- Coordinate planning and execution of Industry Relations events and programs, including the Ag Innovation Challenge.
- Represent AFBF at industry meetings.
- Identify prospective supply chain partners to assist with cultivating new relationships.
- Conduct exploratory calls and attend meetings on behalf of Industry Relations.
- Assist with development of strategic campaigns and collaboration opportunities with industry partners.
- Assist with maintaining and enhancing existing AFBF relationships, including with colleagues in similar peer groups at other organizations.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Collaborate with industry partners, AFBF and state Farm Bureau staff and leaders, and peer organizations consistent with the implementation of Industry Relations initiatives.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 3 - 4 years related work experience
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
- Experience serving as a liaison to industry contacts and developing industry relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management, project planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of agriculture industry, supply chain and emerging issues
- Travel as needed
- Public speaking
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.