TITLE: Managing Director, Leadership Development
DEPARTMENT: Leadership, Education & Engagement
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To oversee, supervise and manage the leadership and organization development programs of the American Farm Bureau Federation.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Leadership, Education & Engagement
LOCATION: Washington, DC
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee, manage and delegate the development and implementation of leadership development, organization development and media/advocacy training initiatives for volunteer leaders and employees of Farm Bureau.
• Align and adjust leadership development team’s initiatives and programs to organizational goals.
• Create and lead evaluation plan for AFBF’s leadership development initiatives.
• Provide evaluation reports of team’s progress on organizational goals for internal and external reports.
• Manage the professional development and work performance of staff and support staff on the team.
• Recruit, hire and train employees who are appropriate for staff and support staff positions.
• Design, develop and present professional and leadership development programs for volunteer leaders and employees of county, state and American Farm Bureau. The training topics include a range of programs including public speaking, effective committees, teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
• Develop and manage budget for leadership development programs.
• Manage and lead the strategic planning process for state Farm Bureaus as requested.
• Oversee Farm Bureau University and online learning strategies.
• Review, evaluate and update current training programs.
• Plan and implement professional development conferences for state Farm Bureau staff and volunteers.
• Promote organization development, leadership development, and media/advocacy training services of AFBF to state Farm Bureau decision makers. Build and maintain relationships with state Farm Bureau staff.
• Provide staff assistance at AFBF annual convention and other AFBF programs as needed.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of association trends and adult education and leadership development theory and application.
Maintain a team environment with staff and support staff of the Leadership, Education & Engagement Department and other AFBF and state staff. Manage relationships with outside consultants and vendors when necessary.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree in adult education or related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Five years related experience
• Excellent presentation skills
• In-depth knowledge of adult learning concepts and instructional design
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Experience in building and maintaining professional partnerships
• Experience with word processing and preparing visual aids in a Microsoft Windows environment
• Masters degree in Training and Development or related field
• Management experience
• Experience in associations and/or working with volunteers, especially in agriculture
• Knowledge of distance learning technologies and applications
• Public Speaking
• Travel approximately 40-50%
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is January 28, 2019.