DEPARTMENT: Business Operations & Revenue Development
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Manage on-site show grounds and maintenance, pre- to post show deliverables and facility preparation and customer service for all events.
REPORTS TO: Show Director
LOCATION: Remote, based in SW Minnesota or Eastern South Dakota
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement deliver and manage on-site details of farm shows and trade shows, including, but not limited to show site preparation, exhibitor move-in/move-out, A/V, room sets, onsite emergency services, F&B, signage and utilities as directed.
- Serve as the on-site General Service Contractor for assigned shows and oversee and execute all show site preparations, set-up, planting, and on-site operational details, including, but not limited to, maintaining equipment, facilities and materials necessary for on-site production of trade shows and trade show related events.
- Execute on-site logistics including, but not limited to, booth assignments, floor plan management, security, and management of external general service contractor for one event. Coordinate with Sales team members as needed.
- Review, report and recommend show grounds and show operations improvements including Capital Expenditures, along with current and new show activities.
- Accurately match contract and sponsorship details and keep stakeholders apprised of any changes or issues that arise.
- Contract and manage onsite food vendors and collect post-show reports of all food vendor receivables.
- Pursue and maintain a high-level of internal and external customer satisfaction of each event.
- Manage use of all owned and rented equipment including rental agreements...
- Confirm exhibitors are adhering to policies, including show hours, booth and sponsorship rules and policies stated in show agreements and Exhibitor Manuals. Work with exhibitors to remediate non-compliance cases and violations.
- Work with Show Director to manage budgets and monitor expenses.
- Provide the Show Director with updates and report progress, changes and issues.
- Oversee temporary on-site employees and processes, including, but not limited to, on-site customer service for all exhibitors, electrical contractors, on-site construction requirements, water issues, seed plots, and livestock areas, and coordinate with the Show Director on traffic flow, safety issues and evacuation procedures.
Communicate and coordinate with AFBF and IDEAg staff, affiliate companies, outside service providers, exhibitors, and other organizations as needed to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience, preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in agriculture, grounds keeping, transportation, and/or trade show management
- Strong planning and organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Customer service focused mindset
- Deadline-driven focus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adhere to budgets
- Understand contract agreements and terms
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and analytical skills
- Possession of or ability to obtain a CDL
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Intermediate knowledge of Salesforce, ExpoCad, Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) or similar applications
- Experience with building, electrical, machinery and agriculture related maintenance.
- Travel to show sites up to 50%
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is May 10, 2021.