POSITION OBJECTIVE: Coordinate communication efforts and provide administrative support to the Foundation staff in implementing foundation programs and activities.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Foundation
LOCATION: Washington, DC
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and manage the Foundation Outreach Team, including maintaining communication with Team members, coordinating the scheduling of and conducting Team calls and meetings, and maintaining records to track and report on the Team’s progress.
- Implement the strategy, set by the Foundation Team, by coordinating the scheduling, content development, and maintenance of the Foundation’s social media channels, e-newsletters, blog, and other communications.
- Coordinate communication between Foundation and outside vendors for education, fundraising, development, marketing and others as needed.
- Assist in coordinating special events for fundraising, programming, marketing and communications.
- Maintain Foundation resources including fulfillment, website, and donor files with attention to strong customer service.
- Assume primary responsibility in coordinating logistics for meetings and conferences. Occasional travel for meetings is required.
- Create and maintain accuracy of contact lists in Bloomerang, Excel files and listservs.
- Assist department colleagues with project coordination and administrative support.
- Manage correspondence to donors, supporters and customers including the proper filing of donor records and proper acknowledgement of donor gifts and investments.
- Assist with corporate sponsorship planning, coordination, invoicing, reporting and marketing.
- Collaborate with Foundation staff on the development of agricultural literacy programs, projects and materials as well as assisting with grant proposals and administration.
- Assist in planning and logistics with the educational booth, silent auction, and fundraising activities at Annual Convention. Assist with other national conferences as needed.
- Assist with the development of presentations as requested.
- Provide relief and back-up to the front desk.
- Conduct other responsibilities and functions as assigned.
Communicate with American Farm Bureau Federation and affiliated staff and state Farm Bureau personnel on matters of direct concern to them. In addition to relationships to staff this position works with teachers, volunteers, customers, vendors and donors.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 2-3 years experience in an office environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite with experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
- Experience creating content for newsletters or social media
- General correspondence experience including form letters for email and mail merge
- Experience using donor management software
- Some travel required and occasional work on weekends
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is May 18, 2021.