POSITION OBJECTIVE: Manage and coordinate technical resources for AFBF’s broadcast studio and other production initiatives, including audio visual support for in-person and virtual events. The Technical Producer manages all production elements and equipment: audio, lighting, video and presentation.
REPORTS TO: Director, Technical Resources
LOCATION: Washington, DC
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate media production facilities including Media Studio, Audio/Video Control rooms and Postproduction Workspaces.
- Assist in the technical production and management of office events, board meetings, meetings and conventions.
- Coordinate usage of production facilities with both internal and external clients.
- Serve various media production roles as required: Audio/Video postproduction, studio and field production and live production work.
- Monitor technical advances in broadcast, remote communications, media distribution and internet technologies and determine their applicability to Farm Bureau.
- Maintain distribution and measurement of media assets, including mobile apps, web sites, audio, video, graphics and other media.
- Document and maintain digital asset management procedures for media resources (graphics, video and audio).
- Serve as a technical manager for in office and virtual conference room audio visual technology.
- Maintain technical quality of audio and video to industry standards.
- Supervise rental and use of AFBF broadcast facilities by outside clients.
- Serve as an advisor on broadcast, remote communications and other internet technologies to state Farm Bureaus.
- Serve in other general areas of AFBF when called upon.
Communicate with all employees of the American Farm Bureau Federation and affiliated companies and state Farm Bureau personnel regarding actions, activities and needs as required to maintain an effective and efficient operation of the Technology team. Manage relationships with outside media consultants and vendors.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor degree or higher
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in audio/visual production or post-production
- Experience editorial software both audio and video
- Experience with all aspects of production including camera operation, audio production principles, basic video lighting skills
- Working knowledge of audio, video and lighting equipment in a live production environment.
- Working knowledge of live streaming principles and platforms
- Experience with trade associations
- Occasional Travel
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is March 15, 2021.