DEPARTMENT: Office of General Counsel
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Provide administrative support to the Office of General Counsel and assist with other cross-functional projects and responsibilities as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Generalist
LOCATION: Washington, DC; eligible for telework flexibility 2 days/week
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support for all staff within the Office of General Counsel: Corporate Governance, Legal, and Human Resources.
- Key HR-related duties will include:
- Assist in collecting and reviewing résumés and scheduling interviews for open positions.
- Assemble materials for new hire paperwork and other employee changes. Follow up with employees to ensure paperwork is completed and returned.
- Maintain and update employee information in databases, intranet and other websites, staff guides, and other resources.
- Maintain the organizational chart.
- Process invoices and expense reports, and assist with other billing, reimbursement, and budget matters as assigned.
- Scheduling and logistics for meetings, restaurant and travel reservations, preparing and disseminating correspondence, maintaining databases, processing mail, filing, and document management.
- Assist with other programs or projects as assigned.
- Provide relief and back-up assistance to the front desk.
Works daily with all team members of the Office of General Counsel. Works with other AFBF employees, which may include occasional assignments involving affiliate companies. Communicates with vendors as requested.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 1-3 years’ experience in an office environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong initiative and good judgment
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High level of discretion
- Experience with database programs.
- The OGC Administrative Assistant is a highly visible position that interacts with AFBF board members and officers, state Farm Bureau presidents and administrators, other agricultural organizations, law firms, and all company employees. This position requires handling confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Ability to travel for off-site meetings and events.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.