POSITION OBJECTIVE: Manage executive communications, including planning executive editorial calendar, speechwriting and travel with AFBF President, collaborating across all departments of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director, Communications (Executive)
LOCATION: Washington, DC; eligible for telework flexibility 2 days/week
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write columns, speeches, talking points and quotes for AFBF president and members of executive team, based on key policy issues and advocacy efforts.
- Travel with AFBF president, handling executive communications logistics and support in collaboration with state Farm Bureaus and allied groups.
- Handle distribution and publication of executive content including weekly policy column and podcast.
- Manage the executive communications editorial calendar in coordination with Vice President of Communications, and across Communications and Executive Departments.
- Strategize outreach and engagement opportunities to achieve executive communications and organizational priorities.
- Draft reports on executive communications impact for quarterly reports to Board of Directors.
- Assist with special projects, including materials for issue-related campaigns.
- Contribute to general communications team operations, including drafting news releases, talking points and web content, assisting with posting and distribution of communications materials, and other duties as assigned.
Collaborate closely with Director, Communications (Executive), Vice President of Communications and AFBF President, as well as other AFBF and state Farm Bureau staff and leaders, grassroots members and communicators from allied groups and government entities, to accomplish executive communications priorities and goals of AFBF.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years of experience in communications
- Experience working independently and as part of a team, often with tight deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and provide thoughtful feedback while traveling with an Executive
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Creative, detail-oriented, organized, self-driven and capable of meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of agriculture and agricultural issue communications
- Frequent Travel, approximately 40-60%
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and at least one writing sample to email@example.com.