DEPARTMENT: Business Operations & Revenue Development
POSITION OBJECTIVE: As a member of the Business Operations & Revenue Development management team, develop revenue goals, budgets and sales targets for IDEAg Group agriculture-based tradeshows. Provide leadership, mentoring and accountability for American Farm Bureau Federation’s diversified revenue streams including IDEAg Group farm shows, AFBF tradeshow events and support of Convention sponsorships, as assigned. Day-to-day responsibility for revenue plans and strategies to establish and grow new and existing customer business at each event.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Business Operations & Revenue Development
LOCATION: Eagan, MN; eligible for telework flexibility 2 days/week
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and lead sales team and the execution of sales programs to achieve IDEAg revenue and profit objectives, targeted towards existing and new markets.
- Establish sales programs and deadlines with goals that are consistently communicated, implemented, and achieved including productivity and performance measurements, and accountability throughout the sales cycle.
- Establish and maintain a strong partnership and teamwork approach across IDEAg team members by building trust, frequent communication, proactive collaboration and contributing to a positive, professional work environment
- Provide oversight and accountability for the events sales team, including:
- Develop strategies to create new revenue opportunities, managing customer expectations and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Supervise and contribute to the delivery of high-touch efficient and effective customer service
- Reinforce sales processes and customer relationship management (CRM) systems to drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements, where and when needed
- Analyze, evaluate and communicate sales program effectiveness, market competitiveness and team results
- Review account assignments and alignment, as needed, to yield productive sales relationships for each team member
- Develop and monitor sales team performance, goals and accountability measurements against revenue targets
- Draft, monitor and manage revenue budgets, annual sales targets and individual sales team member progress
- Define and coordinate sales training programs to enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objective
- Lead management and target development of prospective accounts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry leaders and key strategic partners to understand the pulse of the industry, generate new business opportunities and increase sales.
- Evaluate, identify and implement IDEAg sponsorship opportunities and work across sales, marketing and operations team members to develop and secure partnerships and sponsorship revenue.
- Collaborate with IDEAg management team members to ensure cross-functional operational success including business goal development, strategic planning, creating and maintaining sales policies and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 - 10 years of proven sales team leadership and management experience focused on individual sales, new client prospecting, and developing and implementing successful sales plans.
- Strong motivational, interpersonal and leadership abilities. A demonstrated ability to get results through others. A mentorship mindset.
- Strong forecasting, budgeting, planning and organizational experience, and proven ability to manage multiple demands.
- Extensive verbal, written and presentation skills, generates confidence and trust with prospects, customers and key stakeholders.
- Experience using Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management tools
- Experience with events and/or trade shows
- Strong knowledge of the agriculture industry, products/services and companies
- Experience establishing new relationships with staff at national organizations
- Travel as required – approximately 20-25%
- Hybrid position with ability to be in-office or home-based multiple days per week
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.