American Farm Bureau Federation’s 2021 Ag Safety Awareness Program (ASAP) Week was created to bring awareness to safety and health issues facing the agriculture industry. The U.S. Agricultural Safety and Health Centers are joining American Farm Bureau Federation in keeping friends and family safe and healthy this year by recognizing common agricultural hazards with the theme “Driving Safety Home.”
- Monday – Farmer Roadway Safety (focusing on the farmer’s perspective)
- Tuesday – Caretaker Support
- Wednesday – General Farmer Wellness
- Thursday – Mental Health
- Friday – Community Roadway Safety (focusing on motorist perspective)
- During Ag Safety Awareness Program Week, post the social media messages found in the promotional toolkit, or create your own posts using the hashtags #ASAP21, #KeepFarmsSafe, #DrivingSafetyHome and #USAgCenters.
- Get involved in the conversation. Follow, retweet and share Ag Safety Awareness Program Week messages through Twitter and Facebook and tag @AmericanFarmBureau.
- Contact media outlets to have PSAs run on the local radio.
- Answer the phone with “Agricultural Safety Awareness Week.”
- Encourage members to write a letter to the editor or contact a local legislator to talk about the importance of agricultural health and safety.
- Encourage members to post a video to your social media about what you are doing to stay safe and healthy on your farm.
- Use the ASAP Week logo in the signature of your email.
- Download the ASAP Week Promotional toolkit for suggested social media posts, op-ed, public service announcements and customizable news releases.
For questions and more information, please email Maggie Good at firstname.lastname@example.org.