AFBF welcomes submissions of proposals for workshops and presentations during the 2023 FUSION Conference taking place March 3-6 in Jacksonville, FL. All submissions must be received by August 1, 2022, at 12:00 noon Eastern. Proposals will be accepted through an online submission form.
AFBF is the nation’s largest general farm organization with nearly six million family members, represented in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Farm Bureau is a non-profit, grassroots organization that relies on volunteer leaders to develop and implement policy, education and outreach programs on behalf of farmers, ranchers and rural communities.
Desired Workshop Topic Areas
Sessions should be forward-thinking and stimulate discussion and engagement with attendees. Our goal is to provide balanced workshops that meet the variety of interests of conference attendees. We aim to provide specific, action-item focused sessions that provide attendees with knowledge they can take back and apply to their own operations and daily lives. We expect 1,100+ members and state staff from across the country to participate in the conference.
- Resume creation
- Tips for a successful interview
- Where does my food come from?
- What does the farm mean to the consumer?
- Value chains: Producer driven vs. buyer driven
- Professional development & leadership training
- The unifying voice of Farm Bureau
- Membership expansion opportunities
- Organic and non-traditional farming (e.g. urban farms & community gardens)
- Direct consumer marketing & agritourism
- Crop and livestock economic outlooks
- Crop insurance/risk management issues
- Cultivating rural communities & rural entrepreneurship
- Farm family succession planning
- Food & farm safety
- Congressional & agency updates
- Current issues updates (e.g. climate change, sustainability, water resources and transportation)
- How to influence policy, laws & regulations
A successful workshop should include:
a focus on providing educational information for the attendees.
information attendees can implement/use at home.
be relevant to the audience.
allow for questions at the end.
How to Submit a Proposal
Step 1: Complete the online Workshop Proposal Form.
Step 2: Submit the FUSION Workshop Proposal Form on or before August 1 at 12:00 noon Eastern.
Step 3: Qualify
Selection is based on meeting the workshop needs defined by the Speaker Engagement Committee and speakers' qualifications to present on the proposed subject matter. All proposals will be reviewed by the Speaker Engagement Committee. Decisions will be made, and notifications will be e-mailed no later than October 31, 2022, so no phone calls please.
Our goal is to provide balanced workshops that meet a variety of interests of conference attendees. We aim to provide specific, action focused workshops that provide attendees with knowledge they can take back and apply to their own farms and Farm Bureaus. Please keep in mind that the conference workshops must be issue-oriented and content-rich. Workshops may not be used to sell products and services.
Step 4: If your proposal is selected
- You will be promoted on the official conference website and other social media platforms. You will gain valuable professional exposure and networking opportunities.
- Honoraria: AFBF looks for contributors who are willing to share their expertise without expectation of payment in the spirit of shared purpose. If an honorarium is required, please note that during the RFP process.
- AFBF will provide complimentary conference registration. Invitation only and ticketed events will not be included. Speaker guests will need to pay for their registration.
For More Information
If you have any questions about the FUSION Conference speaker proposal process, please email email@example.com.