Showcasing Business Innovations in Agriculture
The 2019 Farm Bureau Ag Innovation Challenge was the first national business competition focused exclusively on rural entrepreneurs launching food and agriculture businesses. Brought to you by the American Farm Bureau Federation in partnership with Farm Credit, rural entrepreneurs will pitch innovative business ideas to a team of judges with expertise in ag technologies, business development and agribusiness, competing for $145,000 in startup funds made possible by our sponsors: Farm Credit, John Deere, Farm Bureau Bank, Country Financial, Farm Bureau Financial Services and Bayer Crop Science.
The final four teams were announced Dec. 6:
- AgHelp Corp.,Belding, Michigan. Team lead: Feliciano Paredes
- Elite OviGen Inc., Beverly Hills, Florida. Team lead: Anette Skoog
- FarmlandFinder, Ames, Iowa. Team lead: Steven Brockshus
- Glean LLC, Farmville, North Carolina. Team lead: Laura Hearn
The final four teams (selected from the top 10 semi-finalist teams) were awarded $15,000 and all expenses paid to compete in a live pitch competition at AFBF’s 100th Annual Convention in New Orleans on Jan. 13.
The final four teams will compete to win:
- Farm Bureau Rural Entrepreneur of the Year award and $15,000 (chosen by judges), for a total of $30,000
- People’s Choice award and $10,000 (chosen by public vote), for a total of $25,000
Semi-finalist teams in the competition were announced Nov. 9 and were awarded $10,000:
- Continuum Ag, Washington, Iowa. Team lead: Mitchell Hora
- Merchant’s Garden AgroTech, Tucson, Arizona. Team lead: Chaz Shelton
- Nebullam LLC, Ames, Iowa. Team lead: Clayton Mooney
- Pasture Labs/Trackter, Newnan, Georgia. Team lead: Josh Whitlock
- Texas Mobile Mill LLC, Madisonville, Texas. Team lead: Cathy Bernell
- Vinduino LLC, Temecula, California. Team lead: Reinier van der Lee
Aug. 15, 2018
Online application opens
Apply at https://vilcap.com/f/19.
Sept. 24, 2018
Online application closes
Nov. 5, 2018
Deadline for non-members to join Farm Bureau
Visit fb.org/join to learn about becoming a member
Nov. 9, 2018
Ten semifinalist teams announced and awarded $10,000.
Dec. 6, 2018
Final Four Announced
Final four teams (selected from the top 10 semifinalist teams) announced and awarded an additional $5,000 and all expenses paid to compete in live pitch competition.
Jan. 13, 2019
Final Four Compete
The final four teams compete at American Farm Bureau Federation Annual Convention in New Orleans.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
For More Information