Conservation programs comprise 7% of the farm bill budget. It is unlikely additional funding will be available for current or new conservation programs in the next farm bill. Several options are presented for potentially “prioritizing” conservation spending.
- What are the Major Conservation Programs?
- What is the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) and How is it Working?
- What is the Environmental Quality Incentives Program and How is it Working?
- Should Conservation Programs be Prioritized?
- Are Changes Needed to Improve the Speed and Efficiency of Wetland Determinations?
- Does USDA Technical Assistance for New Water Resource Development need to be Altered?