Crop Insurance Issues:
The crop insurance program is the largest safety net for producers and comprises 10% of the cost of the farm bill. Crop insurance programs are expected to be the number one target for our adversaries in the next farm bill. Numerous options are summarized outlining ideas that have been surfaced to alter the current program.
- Alternatives for the Crop Insurance Harvest Price Option
- Alternatives for Crop Insurance Premium Discounts
- Options for Altering Sodsaver Requirements
- Should Changes be made to the Level of Farmer Discounts provided to Purchase Crop Insurance?
- Should Tying Conservation Compliance to Crop Insurance be Altered?
- Should Crop Insurance Premium Discount be Capped?
- What are the Beginning Farmer and Rancher Benefits in the Crop Insurance Program and How are they Working?
- Should APH be Tied to the Land or to the Producer?
- What is the Supplemental Coverage Option for Crop Insurance?
- Can the New Whole Farm Revenue Protection Insurance Pilot Product Be Improved?
- Actual Production History Yield Exclusion From 2014 Farm Bill
- Should Changes be Made to Premiums when Actual Production History Yields Decline?