The Dairy Margin Protection Program (MPP) offers dairy producers the ability to insure the difference between the all-milk price and average feed costs. Most dairy producers believe it hasn’t provided an adequate safety net. Several options for altering MPP are reviewed and a review of the Livestock Gross Margin Program is included.
- What is the Dairy Margin Protection Program and How Has it Worked?
- What are the Differences Between MPP and LGM-Dairy?
- How does Dairy MPP CAT Coverage Compare to Crop Catastrophic Coverage?
- Should the MPP Feed Ration be Increased by 10 Percent?
- Should Dairy MPP Program Rates be Adjusted?
- Using State Data to Calculate Feed Costs for MPP
- Should Dairy MPP be Replaced with Target Milk Price Protection or Revenue Insurance?
- Should the Coverage Levels for MPP Increased?
- Should We Consider Government Supply Management Dairy Programs?