AFBF is proud to serve as a founding member of the White House COVID-19 Community Corps as we work together across the agriculture community promote the safety of our families, employees and communities. It is important to Farm Bureau that farmers and our employees have priority access to the vaccine, given the important role we play on the frontlines of our food supply. Visit hhs.gov/COVIDCommunityCorps today to learn more about this effort and join in the fight to protect America’s health. #WeCanDoThis
Additional CDC Resources
Whether they’re readying the soil for spring planting, tending to crops that have already sprouted, feeding and milking their dairy cows or looking after their cattle, chickens and pigs, farmers and ranchers take very seriously their commitment to fill grocery store shelves with safe, affordable food.
USDA Expands CFAP to Contract Growers
This new assistance will include expanded eligibility for certain commodities and producers established in the recently passed relief package. Farmers will have from January 19 through February 26 to submit new applications or modify existing applications if they have participated in the program already.
COVID-19 Continues to Drive the Evolution of the Retail Food Landscape
The retail food landscape has changed dramatically due to the COVID-19 pandemic and continues to evolve, according to a trio of industry experts.
Health & Safety Resources
Below are resources and communications tools to help farmers and their employees continue to work safely and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in rural communities. Please contact your local Farm Bureau for up-to-date guidance and state-specific resources.
- Agriculture Workers and Employers Interim Guidance – CDC and DOL
- Ag Worker and Worksite Safety Resources – University of California, Davis
- Guidance for Farms and On-Farm Deliveries – Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Protective Measures for U-Pick Farms – South Carolina Farm Bureau
- Coronavirus Prevention & Control for Farms – Cornell University
- Template Email for Farm Employees – Michigan Farm Bureau
- Need for Travel for Critical Infrastructure Worker – Michigan Farm Bureau
- COVID-19 Federal Rural Resource Guide – USDA
- H-2A Resources and Worker Availability – USDA
- Safety Guidance for Meat and Poultry Processing Workers and Employers – CDC
- Guidance for Livestock Markets – Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Information on coronavirus and how to slow the spread – CDC
- State-by-state information on trucking restrictions – American Trucking Association