Effective Date: December 3, 2020
When visiting our Sites, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself, including your name, email address, phone number, company, and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information when you contact us through our Sites or interact with us for any other purpose. We may collect additional information about you, such as your birth year, occupation, and information related to your farming practices when you sign up to receive updates about or register online for our Events.
We also collect information about you when you attend our Events. Information you provide that we collect may include your name, contact information, whether you are a Farm Bureau member, and information related to your farming practices. We collect such information when you register for our Events or participate in contests, raffles, and giveaways at our Events. If you choose to participate in Event surveys, we will also collect information about you that you provide in the course of the survey.
We may also collect information about you, such as demographic data, from third parties and from generally or publicly available information, and may combine this information with any information that you provide to us.
We disclose to third-party sponsors/advertisers aggregate statistics (i.e., impressions and click-throughs on a company's advertisement). In addition, we may share aggregate website statistics with the media or other third parties. We do not disclose personal information to these sponsors/advertisers or other third parties as part of this process, only information in an aggregate form.
We may use your personal information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us and your general inquiries;
- To send updates or notices about our organization and our Events;
- To contact you about issues we believe to be of interest to you;
- To operate and improve our services, including to provide better event experiences, products, and opportunities to Event attendees, agricultural professionals, and visitors to our Sites;
- To operate, personalize, and improve our Sites and Events, including for analytics and marketing purposes;
- To send surveys, promotions, and marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Sites and Events;
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected; or
- To administer and protect our business and Sites (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
We may share your personal information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- With third party vendors who process data on our behalf, such as email service providers and event management and ticketing providers;
- With our affiliated organizations and subsidiaries as well as our partner companies;
- As part of a sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights or personal safety of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may sell or share aggregated or deidentified information without restriction.
What are "cookies" and how does Farm Bureau use them?
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred from a website to the hard drive of your computer. This unique number identifies your web browser to Farm Bureau computers whenever you visit Sites.
Digital Advertising and Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Sites and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Sites and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. Farm Bureau uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Sites and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Sites, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third Party Links and Tools
Our Sites may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Sites, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
Farm Bureau is not directed towards children and Farm Bureau does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If Farm Bureau obtains knowledge that it has personal information about a child under 16 in retrievable form, Farm Bureau will immediately destroy that information, and delete that information from its files.
Your Choices and Updating Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can do the following by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by phone at (202) 406-3600: see what data we have about you, if any; change/correct any data we have about you; and, have us delete any data we have about you.
Comments and Questions