Women’s Communications Boot Camp is an intensive training opportunity for any female Farm Bureau member interested in building skills needed to communicate about agriculture and Farm Bureau. To date, 239 women have graduated from the program. These skilled alumni provide Farm Bureau with a passionate and persuasive group of advocates who connect with influencers on the local, state and national levels.
Fall session of Communications Boot Camp will be held in Washington, D.C. October 31-November 3, 2022. Participants will receive training on advocacy, public speaking, communicating with elected officials, social media strategy, targeted messaging and working with the media. Applications have closed for the 2022 fall session.
Women's Boot Camp graduates use their training:
- by positively influencing elected officials.
- by creating or acting upon local media opportunities to support Farm Bureau’s policy work.
- by joining social media campaigns to share positive messages about agriculture.
- by influencing consumers when planning and implementing outreach events.
- by speaking about agricultural innovations and enterprises with a variety of audiences, community groups, in classrooms and with neighbors.
For More Information